Definitely okay to carry-on
- Vibrators, dildos, toys shorter than 7 inches
- Lubes/potions in 3 oz (100ml) or less containers
- Strap-on harnesses or other gear made of leather, fabric, buckles
Gray Areas: might be a good idea to check it
- Toys longer than 7 inches, especially ones made of hard or heavy materials
- Whips: “riding whips” and “riding crops” are okay to carry-on, but “whips” and “bullwhips” are martial arts/self-defense equipment that must be checked.
- Paddles: Ping-pong paddles are okay to carry-on, so paddles of about that size should be, too.
- E-stim: TENS units for pain treatment are okay to carry-on, so our guess is that e-stim units will be treated the same way.
Must check it:
- Objects with sharp edges or points.
- Objects that are similar in size/shape/weight to clubs, bats, or batons.
At the airport
First, remember that there’s nothing to be embarrassed about. Vibrators are commonplace nowadays and many people travel with them so there’s a strong chance that you won’t even be asked about the vibe in your bag.
However, if you are asked, respond with a straightforward, “That’s my vibrator.” These three little words are recommended by experts as the best and easiest way to end the conversation and get on your way. As tempting as it can be to lie, honesty really is the best policy and lying to the TSA can get you into actual trouble. J
PAV'S PICKS FOR AIR TRAVEL
Tips for Avoiding Discomfort
- Don’t think you can utter “vibrator” without breaking into hives? Use a euphemism. Personal device? Personal toy? Marital aid?
- Bring a toy that doesn’t look like a sex toy. This is not a matter of tricking anyone—it’s the electronics inside the toy that typically ping their radars.
- Ask to be screened in private.
- Check your toy instead.
Finally, remember if you’re headed out of the US or Australia it’s a good idea to do some research on the laws and culture of the particular country where you are traveling, as some countries have more restrictive laws about sex toys. (A partial list of countries where sex toys are illegal: India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, United Arab Emirates).
This article was first published on Cravings - A regular dose of modern sexy to enjoy anytime, anywhere...